WGU Students
All done with Social Science SST - Printable Version

+- WGU Students (http://wgustudents.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Student Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Education Classes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Social Science (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: All done with Social Science SST (/showthread.php?tid=38)

All done with Social Science SST - The Brain - 01-23-2010 05:27 AM

I am finally done with social science sst. Those 2 essays where tough.

RE: All done with Social Science SST - Kimberly - 01-23-2010 08:01 AM

OMG... 2 essays?! Seriously, 2? I'm having trouble with 1... is there seriously another one? {biting nails} This class has already taken me FOREVER to finish... now I'm really worried... Tongue

RE: All done with Social Science SST - The Brain - 01-23-2010 03:06 PM

Yep there are 2, I was not even aware of it until after I finished the first one. I thought I was all done. Its over the scientific method, but I had fun doing it. Good Luck to you.

RE: All done with Social Science SST - Kimberly - 01-25-2010 05:23 AM

Ouch... well, I think I could handle the scientific method easier than the one about nation/state/nation-state... I LOVE the sociology part of this class... just not the Gov't/Economics... Tongue

RE: All done with Social Science SST - The Brain - 01-25-2010 05:40 AM

Yea the nation/state essay was dreadful, but the scientific one was imo a lot easier, or I just enjoyed it a little more.

RE: All done with Social Science SST - BrittanyJ - 01-27-2010 07:25 AM

I just finished my social sciences in December, and I agree that the nation-state essay was a pain. Oddly enough, I liked the second essay and thought it was fun to think up a question and talk about how the answer would be beneficial, the research problems, etc.

RE: All done with Social Science SST - The Brain - 01-27-2010 12:09 PM

Yea it took me forever to pick a question, but I finally ended up choosing school bullying.

RE: All done with Social Science SST - Kimberly - 01-27-2010 12:28 PM

OK, my only post today, as I got an email from my assessment scheduler at noon today, letting me know that she scheduled me for my Social Science exam... got the email at noon, scheduled for 10am tomorrow... cram time! Tongue She actually asked me if it was too short of notice, but I figured I'd just worry about it more if I rescheduled, so.... I'm studying away... Big Grin Hopefully will chat with everyone tomorrow, and post that I passed (or at least took... don't know how long it will take me to find out if I passed) the assessment and I'm just down to worrying about SST1 required tasks, and finishing up humanities (already passed the pre-assessment on that one). Big Grin

RE: All done with Social Science SST - The Brain - 01-27-2010 01:12 PM

I took the test, then went straight home and logged on and I had my results right away. Good Luck Kimberly, Im sure you will do just fine.

RE: All done with Social Science SST - Kimberly - 01-28-2010 12:04 PM

Wooohooo... I passed!!! Brain, you'll appreciate this, I think... couldn't even wait the 20+/- minutes until I got home. Went out to the car, logged on via the iPhone... and voila! Big Grin I passed!!!! Yeah! Now on to the darn essay... ugh... Tongue BTW, I'm "stealing" your signature line... LOL. Great motivation to add to the list!!! Big Grin

RE: All done with Social Science SST - The Brain - 01-29-2010 12:43 PM

Congrats on passing. I knew you would. Well at least I am not the only who can not wait to see if I passed our not. Maybe WGU needs a course on self control? Oh by the way I used my Motorola Droid to check my scores. Stealing my signature line? What? You thief I cant believe you would do such a thing. j/k . Putting what classes we completed in our signature lines is like a solder wearing his medals from combat. Well not quite that honorable, but nothing we shouldn't be proud of!!!

RE: All done with Social Science SST - dbaylor - 02-14-2010 11:15 AM

I like seeing the classes listed so if I have an issue I know who to bug Smile

RE: All done with Social Science SST - BrandonOates - 01-22-2011 12:57 PM

(01-23-2010 05:27 AM)The Brain Wrote:  I am finally done with social science sst. Those 2 essays where tough.

Hi Brain,

I accepted SST today, Friday, and won't get into taskstream until Tuesday possibly. Is it possible you could email me the task instructions for the 2 tasks so I can start looking at them early?

email: brandonoates68@yahoo.com

if you can,

thanks

RE: All done with Social Science SST - wakramer - 01-25-2011 05:21 AM

I believe it is against WGU's academic integrity rules to post or share task instructions.

RE: All done with Social Science SST - BrandonOates - 01-25-2011 07:55 AM

(01-25-2011 05:21 AM)wakramer Wrote:  I believe it is against WGU's academic integrity rules to post or share task instructions.

it is against the policy to share tasks or help with the task, or to share task instructions with those not affiliated with the University. I am a student who will see it anyway in 2 days, just wanted a head start on the papers. Just didn't feel like waiting to be loaded into taskstream. But thanks for answering the question. You responded quicker than the person i asked the question to Tongue

RE: All done with Social Science SST - MF5 - 01-26-2011 02:18 AM

(01-22-2011 12:57 PM)BrandonOates Wrote:  
(01-23-2010 05:27 AM)The Brain Wrote:  I am finally done with social science sst. Those 2 essays where tough.

Hi Brain,

I accepted SST today, Friday, and won't get into taskstream until Tuesday possibly. Is it possible you could email me the task instructions for the 2 tasks so I can start looking at them early?

email: brandonoates68@yahoo.com

if you can,

thanks

if you can access your classs' COS, the taskstream instructions are posted sometimes at the very end...
BTW- what is SST? I am in the BA for social Sciences 5-12 program and have not seen a SST..

RE: All done with Social Science SST - wakramer - 01-26-2011 02:42 AM

(01-25-2011 07:55 AM)BrandonOates Wrote:  ... or to share task instructions with those not affiliated with the University. I am a student who will see it anyway in 2 days ...

I didn't realize you could share them with other students. I just remember students getting reprimanded on the official community boards when they revealed too much about a task. Another thing to consider is that there are often different versions of task prompts so you may not necessarily get the same ones as other students. Not sure if this is the case with RSST and SST1. Good luck with the course. I remember SSC1 and SST1 to have been a lot of work for a measly 3 CU's.

RE: All done with Social Science SST - BrandonOates - 01-26-2011 07:19 AM

It is a ton of work considering SSC1 is only 1 cu. I ended up finding out from my mentor today that the task instructions and rubrics are actually in the course of study (;-D @ Melissa). Of course I was loaded in yesterday evening anyway. @ Melissa, SST1 is a social science course including psychology, sociology, geography, and poli-sci. It's a ton of information crammed into one course. Especially for 1 cu for SSC1 and 2 units for SST1.

RE: All done with Social Science SST - MF5 - 01-26-2011 01:46 PM

(01-26-2011 07:19 AM)BrandonOates Wrote:  It is a ton of work considering SSC1 is only 1 cu. I ended up finding out from my mentor today that the task instructions and rubrics are actually in the course of study (;-D @ Melissa). Of course I was loaded in yesterday evening anyway. @ Melissa, SST1 is a social science course including psychology, sociology, geography, and poli-sci. It's a ton of information crammed into one course. Especially for 1 cu for SSC1 and 2 units for SST1.

they must have just re-vamped it. Are you in a masters program? I just finished behavioral sciences which had psychology, sociology and anthropology. the geography was a seperate class and sowas poli-sci. strange.. what program are you in? don't worry about the taskstream in COS-I did the same for one of my past classes. I didn't know till I was done with the COS!

RE: All done with Social Science SST - BrandonOates - 01-26-2011 04:49 PM

(01-26-2011 01:46 PM)MF5 Wrote:  
(01-26-2011 07:19 AM)BrandonOates Wrote:  It is a ton of work considering SSC1 is only 1 cu. I ended up finding out from my mentor today that the task instructions and rubrics are actually in the course of study (;-D @ Melissa). Of course I was loaded in yesterday evening anyway. @ Melissa, SST1 is a social science course including psychology, sociology, geography, and poli-sci. It's a ton of information crammed into one course. Especially for 1 cu for SSC1 and 2 units for SST1.

they must have just re-vamped it. Are you in a masters program? I just finished behavioral sciences which had psychology, sociology and anthropology. the geography was a seperate class and sowas poli-sci. strange.. what program are you in? don't worry about the taskstream in COS-I did the same for one of my past classes. I didn't know till I was done with the COS!

Yeah, they revamped it not long ago, and no i'm not in a maters program, it's a bachelors. Its a lot in such a small period of time