WGU Students
QLT1 Task4 - Printable Version

+- WGU Students (http://wgustudents.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Student Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Education Classes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Mathematics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: QLT1 Task4 (/showthread.php?tid=2533)

QLT1 Task4 - jannine24 - 03-01-2013 07:26 AM

Can someone help me with task it is a proof and i am totally confused. i even went fo rhelp but i am more lost then before on this proof and this is my last exam i need to complete to get this class over with..pls

RE: QLT1 Task4 - Benaze - 03-02-2013 12:45 AM

This link from Khan Academy might help! https://www.khanacademy.org/math/geometry/congruent-triangles/isoscleles_equil/v/basic-triangle-proofs-module-example

Basically, you need to prove, step by step, why a triangle is congruent (or whatever the question is asking you to prove). You list the steps.

RE: QLT1 Task4 - S3v3n - 03-02-2013 01:53 AM

(03-02-2013 12:45 AM)Benaze Wrote:  This link from Khan Academy might help! https://www.khanacademy.org/math/geometry/congruent-triangles/isoscleles_equil/v/basic-triangle-proofs-module-example

Basically, you need to prove, step by step, why a triangle is congruent (or whatever the question is asking you to prove). You list the steps.

I feel your pain. I have revised mine numerous times and they send it back with the comments its almost complete.

Very frustraing. Then when I ask for help from the coarse mentors I get sent back a study plan.

RE: QLT1 Task4 - Dana - 03-02-2013 03:34 AM

What are you being asked to prove?

RE: QLT1 Task4 - Benaze - 03-02-2013 03:59 AM

(03-02-2013 01:53 AM)S3v3n Wrote:  I feel your pain. I have revised mine numerous times and they send it back with the comments its almost complete.

Very frustraing. Then when I ask for help from the coarse mentors I get sent back a study plan.

The thing about this proof task is that you have to be OVERLY obvious. List every. single. step. as if you were explaining something as simple as a line being equal to itself to an alien. For instance, if you had Triangle ABC and Triangle BCD, and the line BC was one side of both triangles, it's rather obvious. But...STATE IT in the proof. Line BC is equal to line BC. (Don't forget to apply the RULE as to why that line is equal.)

It's the most obvious parts of the proof that people forget to list, because it's just that...obvious to anyone looking at it.

RE: QLT1 Task4 - zakity - 03-02-2013 04:39 AM

Ugh! I am right there with you on this task. And, I just keep getting sent back to the study plan also. I even had two smart people look at the task and they said it was correct. MIne has been rejected twice so far. I am afraid to submit it again.

RE: QLT1 Task4 - zakity - 03-02-2013 04:39 AM

Duplicate post, sorry.

RE: QLT1 Task4 - jannine24 - 03-02-2013 06:58 AM

(03-02-2013 03:34 AM)Dana Wrote:  What are you being asked to prove?

I am asked: given angle BAC is a right angle and angle DEC is a right angle segment DB bisects segment AE prove that C is the midpoint of segment DB it is a picture of 2 triangles together with c in the middle connecting them,

RE: QLT1 Task4 - Dana - 03-02-2013 08:47 AM

Without seeing the picture, I can tell you that you will need to use the properties of a right triangle to prove the two triangles are congruent. You already have given that one angle of each triangle is congruent since they are both right angles. I don't know what resources they give you for that course, but the Schaum's Outline of Geometry has a lot of examples of proofs like that.

RE: QLT1 Task4 - S3v3n - 03-02-2013 10:01 AM

And to top it off they take 2 to 3 days to grade it. Very frustrating

RE: QLT1 Task4 - King Aires - 03-03-2013 10:51 AM

http://www.mathisfun.com

RE: QLT1 Task4 - S3v3n - 03-05-2013 07:39 AM

Well I am finally done with QLT Task4 I will have to say by the end I was so darn frustrated I wasn't paying attention and the last one was my fault as I had a major typo.