WGU Students
CMO1 Assessment Preparation - Printable Version

+- WGU Students (http://wgustudents.com/forum)
+-- Forum: WGU Degrees and Programs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Business Majors (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: CMO1 Assessment Preparation (/showthread.php?tid=2479)

CMO1 Assessment Preparation - clmiles1 - 02-12-2013 11:18 AM

Hi. I am taking the CMO1 objective assessment tomorrow. I have read on the community site that this test is quite different than the preassessment and that the questions are trickier. This worries me. So I am wondering if anyone can provide any insight to what I should focus on and any other tips or tricks that may be helpful for the exam. Thanks so much for your help!!!

RE: CMO1 Assessment Preparation - King Aires - 02-12-2013 12:28 PM

Honestly it a lot of material but a small amount of subjects from what I have been told. I too am about to take CMO1 exam.

The study Guide I was given focuses on:

Job Costing
Job Process Costing (weighted average, FIFO)
Cost Volume Profits (This is not covered anywhere on the pre-assessments)\
Activity Based Costing
Flexible and Capital Budgets
Variable and Absorption costing
The many many Standard Formulas:
Efficiency and Quantity Variance
Price and Rate Variance

That is all.

It is 44 questions long, I have heard rumors that Cost-Volume-Profit is not even in the assessment, but I would study up on that too.

Just remember, Job Process = Everything goes into Work In Progress, then WIP goes into Finished goods, then finally Finished Goods balances into Cost of Goods Sold.

Good Luck

RE: CMO1 Assessment Preparation - clmiles1 - 02-12-2013 09:59 PM

Thank you, King Aires, for responding. I have heard the same thing. Hopefully, the questions are aligned similar to the questions on the preassessment although I heard that they were worded differently. Wish me luck!!!

(02-12-2013 12:28 PM)King Aires Wrote:  Honestly it a lot of material but a small amount of subjects from what I have been told. I too am about to take CMO1 exam.

The study Guide I was given focuses on:

Job Costing
Job Process Costing (weighted average, FIFO)
Cost Volume Profits (This is not covered anywhere on the pre-assessments)\
Activity Based Costing
Flexible and Capital Budgets
Variable and Absorption costing
The many many Standard Formulas:
Efficiency and Quantity Variance
Price and Rate Variance

That is all.

It is 44 questions long, I have heard rumors that Cost-Volume-Profit is not even in the assessment, but I would study up on that too.

Just remember, Job Process = Everything goes into Work In Progress, then WIP goes into Finished goods, then finally Finished Goods balances into Cost of Goods Sold.

Good Luck

RE: CMO1 Assessment Preparation - King Aires - 02-12-2013 11:08 PM

I know you will pass with plenty of spare room. Give us a report on the new CMO1 exam when you are done and passed please.

RE: CMO1 Assessment Preparation - King Aires - 02-16-2013 11:55 PM

So how did CMO1 go? I am about to take mine Monday.

RE: CMO1 Assessment Preparation - zakity - 09-08-2013 02:53 AM

So, did the CMO1 test wind up being close to the pre-assessment? Anything that should be studied a little more than others?

Thanks for the info!

RE: CMO1 Assessment Preparation - zakity - 09-08-2013 02:53 AM

So, did the CMO1 test wind up being close to the pre-assessment? Anything that should be studied a little more than others?

Thanks for the info!

RE: CMO1 Assessment Preparation - Teddybear - 09-08-2013 06:56 AM

CMO1 is the only class that I failed an assessment on. I had to complete the multiple choice quiz's for all the chapters from this link http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0073379611/student_view0/index.html I also reviewed the slide show for each chapter before I could re-take the test. These chapters helped me with the questions that were on the test. I passed the second time with plenty of room to spare. It is worth the review before the test to make sure you pass.

RE: CMO1 Assessment Preparation - zakity - 09-08-2013 02:52 PM

Thanks!