WGU Students
King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Printable Version

+- WGU Students (http://wgustudents.com/forum)
+-- Forum: WGU Degrees and Programs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Business Majors (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread (/showthread.php?tid=2331)

King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 12-18-2012 07:01 AM

Ok Folks, got great news on my transfers and I am going to kick butt and knock out all the classes I have to take in one term.

I need you all to keep me focused, a little peer pressure, make me finish this!

I will be starting my B.S. in Accounting on the first of the year, target date for completion, June 1st.

I don't have a mentor yet Undecided

----------------------------------------------------------------

Even though my target date for completion was June 1st I finished my BS Accounting degree in 8 weeks. I just want everyone here to know that it is completely possible to accelerate at any pace you can keep up with. I had a lot of support from my Wife and a lot of nights not seeing my children a whole lot. I am glad it is over and I am looking forward to seeing how fast I can do the MBA next.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Dana - 12-18-2012 07:33 AM

I didn't find out who my mentor was until the morning of my first day. It will all work out.

Good luck on completing in one term! My daddy always told my sisters and I we could do anything if we set our minds to it. You can do it!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 12-18-2012 12:44 PM

Seems like forever before we can get started, doesn't it?

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 12-20-2012 04:33 AM

Got a call from my Enrollment dude today. He said my payment is in, a Mentor has been selected and to expect contact from them by the end of next week. He unlocked my EWB (available starting Friday I guess).

He then said farewell and good luck and that he was handing me off to the Mentor. I feel excited to get started, but sad that he just leaves like that. He did a lot to help me through my transcript debacle.

Oh well, ON TO THE EDUMACATION!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 12-20-2012 01:06 PM

(12-20-2012 04:33 AM)King Aires Wrote:  Got a call from my Enrollment dude today. He said my payment is in, a Mentor has been selected and to expect contact from them by the end of next week. He unlocked my EWB (available starting Friday I guess).

He then said farewell and good luck and that he was handing me off to the Mentor. I feel excited to get started, but sad that he just leaves like that. He did a lot to help me through my transcript debacle.

Awesome! I got an e-mail from my mentor today. I have responded with my times that I am available to meet with her. I am excited to get started. I wish that I had access to some of the books, so I could get started. We are having a blizzard and everything has been cancelled for tomorrow and I could be studying!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 12-20-2012 10:46 PM

(12-20-2012 01:06 PM)Teddybear Wrote:  
(12-20-2012 04:33 AM)King Aires Wrote:  Got a call from my Enrollment dude today. He said my payment is in, a Mentor has been selected and to expect contact from them by the end of next week. He unlocked my EWB (available starting Friday I guess).

Awesome! I got an e-mail from my mentor today. I have responded with my times that I am available to meet with her. I am excited to get started. I wish that I had access to some of the books, so I could get started. We are having a blizzard and everything has been cancelled for tomorrow and I could be studying!

Yeah, your Blizzard yesterday is ours tonight... Michigan

See, you could even be my weather man and tell me what my weather is going to be like tomorrow Smile

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 12-22-2012 10:18 PM

A little concerned. My enrollment guy said that EWB would be unlocked by Friday; It is not. He is also gone for Christmas vacation now until after my start date. This is not good because he impressed upon me the importance of finishing EWB before Jan 2nd. No word on my Mentor yet.

Confused

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - John Tucker - 12-23-2012 04:17 AM

Yeah that Enrollment guy must have forgot. You won't be behind or anything because EWB is something you could complete in about a day or so.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 12-24-2012 11:30 PM

Obviously still no mentor but what I find funny is sometime in the middle of the night my EWB unlocked, my degree plan opened up as well.

When I look at the classes and requirements ahead of me it really doesn't seem to difficult. Some of the classes like LWC and MKT I should be able to knock out immediately.

EWB takes so long because of all these darn videos doesn't it? lol

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 12-27-2012 07:26 AM

Glad it unlocked for you! It was kind of fun, I thought!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 12-28-2012 07:07 AM

Yeah now I just need my mentor. I have already been working on the course of study for some of the classes. I am fairly confident that as soon as I get the webcam I can knock out a couple classes.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 12-29-2012 02:10 AM

So yeah, I am pathetic. I have been F5ing my Degree Plan for the last two days.

Just now, I went from Mentor Not Assigned to......

*Removed for privacy concerns*

I have no idea when they will make contact, or if this is a good mentor (I am sure they are all wonderful). I am just so excited to get started!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 12-31-2012 03:56 PM

Well I passed the pre-assessments for LWC1 and BNC1. It wasn't pretty but it was over the 10+ point mark from the cut offs.

My mentor is awesome, she emailed me and suggested that I schedule my assessments right away in those two classes in anticipation for my webcam (eta mid-jan).

I also took the liberty of rough finishing the QAT1 task stream so I can finalize and proof read them and turn them in the first week.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-09-2013 02:07 PM

Fedex notification of a 4 lb object headed my way with expected delivery of 4 lbs. Mentor thinks I will have my first 15 cu's done by end of next week.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 01-10-2013 12:05 AM

I got the same notification! I have exams scheduled for LWC1 and BNC1, so I should have 9 credits done by the end of next week. Next up will be EGC1.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Dana - 01-10-2013 03:25 AM

It is either the welcome kit or the alien probe aka webcam for taking your objective assessments. Smile Congrats to you both!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-10-2013 05:06 AM

QAT1 tasks submitted just moments ago... How many times should I refresh before I can officially be called obsessed?

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-11-2013 01:35 AM

I am going to go crazy, checking taskstream every 5 seconds lol

It has been 22 hours and assignments for QAT1 are still sitting un-picked up

On an related note, why have a turnitin report for originality on Math problems? Besides the fact that I put the questions on my paper from the task directions, the math itself is probably not going to be "original" because there should only be one right answer? Weird

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Barbara - 01-11-2013 07:00 AM

Ok, so quick note: Taskstream usually take between 3 to 5 days to get back...Normally three or four...Can be less and has been more depending on what’s going on (holidays, graduation, end of month, ect) but don't expect anything before three days and when making plans near the end of your term plan for at least two revisions at five days each just in case.....You can stalk TS all you want but it will do not good, so relax, don't worry and move on to something else while you are waiting....

Turn it in is integrated into most if not all tasks that are required in report format....Do look over it, and check to see what has been tagged...If needed make corrections or make sure proper citations are included....Turn it in is there for your use so that if your work is tagged at over 30% you have the option of looking over it before it gets to the graders....I have never had an issue staying well under the 30% but i do know a student that got an email of reprimand and a notice or warning (not sure what happened or if there is just a warning letter).....Never the less I assume that the college is taking this issue seriously… so it might be a good idea to at least give it a once over...And just as an FYI you can generate the originality report before you submit your task….add the attachment then hit the save and return button, after you get back to the option to submit screen you should see the tab that is allowing you to see if it has been picked up yet (can’t remember the label on it..), you can click on this tab and if turnitin is an integrated feature for the task you may generate your own report before you submit it….And just as a reference the formulas and calculations never put me close to the 30% mark….

Sorry for the long reply

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-11-2013 07:33 AM

Just as a reference, the QAT1 task 4 has a table that is provided, you simply fill in the rest of the answers and show your work. Well this is showing 63% in originality report. Of course it is, it was their table, everyone is using the same table.

Oh well, we will see what happens, I have been told by others that they never once looked at or cared what their originality was.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-11-2013 11:11 AM

RWT1 unlocked today by my mentor, I think she wants to see how fast I can get this done too!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-13-2013 12:15 AM

Took the EGC1 pre-assessment because I am bored and waiting...

Got a 74% blind without reading the COS. I am going to ask that class be unlocked soon as well. 21 points over cut score means I am ready to take the class with some study between now and test date.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-13-2013 03:42 AM

Again, bored. FNC1 12 points over cut, blind.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-15-2013 05:09 AM

My Mentor is assigning EGC1, FNC1, MKT1 and encourages me to schedule my assessments as soon as possible. She truly is awesome and her confidence in me is very very very refreshing.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-15-2013 12:48 PM

QAT1 passed.

MKT1 and RWT1 turned in.

Still waiting on webcam to schedule 4 assessments immediately.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-17-2013 07:34 AM

RWT1 just graded and passed. Two classes down this week.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Barbara - 01-17-2013 12:52 PM

Wow what a great start, Congrats!!!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Barbara - 01-17-2013 12:52 PM

Wow what a great start, Congrats!!!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-20-2013 10:32 AM

MKT1 passed... moving right along, scheduled my next four objective assessments. Will be done with 29 credits my first month.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 01-20-2013 11:14 AM

Nice Job!!!! Congratulations! You are going to be done with this is no time!!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-22-2013 12:31 AM

Took and passed LWC1 this morning with a 90%.

EGC1 coming up next!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Dana - 01-22-2013 01:26 PM

Congrats!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-24-2013 12:31 AM

EGC1 in the bag!

BNC1 coming up next!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - John Tucker - 01-24-2013 01:01 AM

Congrats! Wow you and Teddybear are flying through this thing lol!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 01-24-2013 03:55 AM

Congratulations!

Next to King, I feel like I am ploding along! Big Grin I am enjoying economics more than I thought I would.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - isthatthesameguy - 01-25-2013 03:11 PM

Nice work!!!

I also started the Accounting program 1/1/13. I've passed BNC, LIT, LWC, EGC, MGC, & QAT1. I'm almost through with EGT. How long did RWT take you?

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-26-2013 12:29 AM

I did RWT while I was waiting for my webcam and my first Mentor Call. I would say about 5 nights. I did mine on Social Responsibility and it was a first time pass. It was a lot easier than I was making it out to be in my head.

I just scheduled FNC1 for next week assessment. I also had my mentor add CGC1 and AUO1. I got tired of trying to get Aplia to work so I bought the text book on Amazon for 6.75 $ and free shipping. It is super cheap because the book for the three accounting courses is from 2011, which is now 3 years old.

BNC1 test is Saturday, FNC1 Monday. Then I will have 29 CUs done my first month.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-26-2013 01:31 AM

I got bored today waiting for my car to be fixed so I took the CGC1 pre-assessment to see what I was up against. I took the test blind relying on my previous education in accounting.

I passed it, though not with enough margin. Also just took and passed AUO1 pre-assess. I will have to crack those books open big time for CGC and AUO after I finish my other two classes.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-27-2013 06:16 AM

BNC1 passed.

FNC1 next. I hear you can't retake FNC1 without a lot of hassle, anyone have any input on that?

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-28-2013 09:17 AM

BGA1 and ACA1 unlocked tonight. FNC1 test in the morning.

When BGA assessment directions say to enter responses in the form, what are they talking about? I do not see a form to download or anything.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-29-2013 12:32 AM

Passed FNC1 this morning. The assessment is much much harder than the pre-assess. I would say if you are not at 20-25 points above cut, don't attempt.

My final score was decent, but much lower than my last pre-assess.

AUO1 scheduled next. BGA1 to be turned in when taskstream opens me up.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 01-29-2013 02:16 AM

Glad you passed! I talked with my Mentor about doing FNC1 next to get it out of the way and she suggested that I wait. They are redoing the class and the assessment because it sounds like there is a high fail rate. I can't wait to get this class over with!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 01-29-2013 03:28 AM

I do know that recently they changed the retake policy to allow students to retake the assessment without approval.

I can see a lot of people failing, especially if you have no background in IT. I was fortunate to have worked in IT in a previous life Smile

My coaching report says the IT questions saved my butt.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-01-2013 04:17 AM

BGA1 passed all evaluations. Brings the grand total to 35 CU's in 30 days.

AUO1 Exam Monday.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 02-01-2013 06:36 AM

Nice job! You are over half-way done in a month! Very impressive! I have EGC1 test tomorrow night, and I am starting on Task #4 for QAT1. I finished the first part of the task last night, and I should be able to finish the task tonight and get it submitted. I heard that it is the hardest task, that people really struggle with, so I should be able to knock out the rest of this class pretty quickly. With you flying through these classes so fast, it feels like I am plodding along. You are a great insperation to keep me cruising through these classes!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-01-2013 06:44 AM

Teddy, dude you will be so done with this in no time. You got QAT in the bag and EGC will be like reciting your alphabet. You can do it, I know you can.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - wabrn111 - 02-01-2013 07:16 AM

Congrats!! What an accomplishment.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-02-2013 03:48 AM

Well I finished the rest of the ACA1 tasks. I personally found the Inventory task the most time consuming.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-03-2013 10:58 PM

Just submitted for scheduling my CGC1 test for the middle of February. I am still studying for AUO1 which is Monday morning. I am a little nervous, I got an 80 on the pre-assessment but I have heard that there are some tricky worded questions.

Oh well, been kinda slow right now as the Accounting classes definitely take longer to study for than the other stuff they have us take.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-05-2013 12:22 AM

Just got a 78% on the AUO1. Another class down. ACA1 is now 4 days going on 5 sitting in taskstream. My mentor is on vacation, so I guess I just have to wait it out.

CGC1 test scheduled for next week.

FYI: AUO1 test is very different from the pre-assessment, but not particularly difficult. Just brush up a lot of Controls and Reporting.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-05-2013 07:59 AM

ACA1 tasks are getting graded as I type... most are passing.

I just had one kicked beck because they claim I included an exemption in my lists of deductions... I cannot find what they are talking about so I just resubmitted and stated that all I have are deductions listed.

Another task kicked back because I added an extra explanation and only 2 were required... WTF?!

Please, penalize me for going above and beyond, it's not like this is college level or anything. Angry

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - wabrn111 - 02-09-2013 08:42 AM

I hate it when they would send something back for something that is really there or something silly. I have resubmitted tasks and just added one sentence and they pass. It makes you wonder if the graders really read the task directions and all of what you have submitted.

P.S. I think you need to change the ruler in your ticker to a something other than a snail because you are certainly not moving at a snail's pace!!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-09-2013 09:23 AM

Well I feel like a snail right now. I am on a 3 day delay for my ACA revision and waiting for my CGC1 test Monday. Then I find out the TPV Project + exam must be taken on site and the testing place is backlogged at least 14 days.

to be honest I was kinda planning on being done before the end of the month, but that is most likely not going to happen. Looks like 10 weeks is the fastest I can do this start to finish.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-10-2013 04:02 AM

ACA1 finally approved and complete. Down to my last couple classes. I can see the finish line up ahead.

At the request of Wendy, my ticker was changed Smile

Also, CMO test scheduled for Monday the 18th. Then I go on the waiting list for Project+ and I start my capstone.

Anyone know how I go about starting my Master's before the end of my term?

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-12-2013 12:56 AM

I passed CGC1 with a 73%.... but I am so super pissed right now.

They stopped me and told me to put away my calculator and paper.

It is an accounting exam... how am I supposed to multiply 4,000 by .6523 in my head and add it to 100,000 by .5524???

How do you expect people to pass this that don't have the god given gift to do complex calculations in their head? Are they F-ing kidding me?!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - wabrn111 - 02-12-2013 03:37 AM

Love the lightening bolt. I can't imagine why on exam like that you can't have a calculator and paper, I wouldn't be able to do that kind of math in my head. On the positive side, you did pass, congrats!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-12-2013 03:37 AM

Thanks Wendy... the Lightning bolt was just for you!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - acandler724 - 02-12-2013 07:24 AM

That's crazy! Most people can't do that kind of math in their heads....and in the real world you have that plus any computer system that you are using.

Do they list items that you are able to have for the test?

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-12-2013 07:55 AM

They listed "NO TESTING AIDS"

I got testing aids for Economics, which I didn't need.... but this accounting exam, nothing. Oh well, I still got a 73%

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-13-2013 08:29 AM

I received an email from Judy the Accounting Mentor. She says they should have allowed all testing aids. My email and her agreement was sent on to the assessment people and they say the issue will not happen again.

I also unlocked my last two classes. TPV and QCT are now good to go. I think I might finish my entire degree within two months of starting. Crossing my fingers that everything goes smooth at the end here.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 02-13-2013 11:26 PM

Wow! Congratulations!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Royboy1 - 02-18-2013 11:00 AM

King Aire,
I have followed your posts since you started in January and like I posted on Teddybear's page I am very impressed with your pace and success with the program. I know that it takes some dedication to accelerate through any of WGU's degree programs so my hat is off to you!
You will be done in no time and maybe I will see you in Salt Lake in July for graduation. It really is a pretty good time!
If you have any questions that you might need an answer to let me know maybe I can help.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-19-2013 12:39 AM

Passed CMO1 with a 73%

All I can say is the Assessment is 10x harder than the pre-assessment. Please know your flow of costing for Job-costing and Process-Costing and memorize your efficiency formulas.

Also, Know the ABC in and out along with Variable and Absorption Costing. There was 3 questions in a row with the same question asked different ways with the same answer stated different ways.

Two classes left. I put in a request for scheduling Project+ exam at a center, waiting for response.

I have a rough Idea of my capstone, but I need to get off my butt and actually type it out.

Finish line in sight!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - John Tucker - 02-19-2013 02:06 AM

King,

Yes, that's an impressive pace lol. If you are planning to go straight into the WGU MBA, start speaking with your mentor about it because seeing as though you have technically 4 months left in the term and you are probably only going to use one of those months for the current degree, they more than likely will let you start the MBA during this term.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-19-2013 02:24 AM

She told me a few weeks ago that when I was done with all the Accounting classes she would talk to me about the MBA. She did not want to jinx or put pressure on me to finish the harder Accounting assessments worrying about a timeline for MBA stuff.

Obviously I will probably be finished before March 30th, giving me the 3 months to work on the MBA. When I have my weekly with her I will bring it up again.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - MinMc - 02-19-2013 02:31 PM

You must be extremely intelligent. I try to take some pre-assessments to see if I know the answers. I try to go with what sounds right and makes the most sense. But man you just fly right through this! Is Albert Einstein your uncle by chance? You're an inspiration. Truly you are.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-19-2013 10:47 PM

(02-19-2013 02:31 PM)MinMc Wrote:  You must be extremely intelligent. I try to take some pre-assessments to see if I know the answers. I try to go with what sounds right and makes the most sense. But man you just fly right through this! Is Albert Einstein your uncle by chance? You're an inspiration. Truly you are.

Not at all. I am a dummy. Most of the Accounting class stuff felt like review from when I went to Northwood University for my AA in Accounting. For whatever reason I ended up taking a lot of the Accounting classes early. I also attempted to go back to school in my previous career on their dime at Oakland University and took classes for 5 years never completing my degree. I went back for Political Science and Economics double major.

I have always just been really good at taking tests, multiple choice tests in particular. And god truly gifted me with the power of B.S. so writing papers seem to be more about selling them than the substance lol

But thank you for the compliment. I am almost done with my capstone now. Going to need to make a final revision after finishing the marketing portion.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 02-20-2013 05:30 AM

Let me know what your mentor says about the MBA stuff. I am interested to hear how it works.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-20-2013 05:34 AM

I will Teddy on Thursday

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - John Tucker - 02-20-2013 09:49 AM

King is a prime example of the true value of competency education. It allows you to utilize all of the prior professional and academic experience to confirm "competency" much faster in subjects v.s. individuals who lack such prior experience.

Utilizing traditional credit hours, King would still be stuck around Sophomore year of his Accounting degree give or take considering the prior college credits. Utilizing this educational structure he's pretty much in his final "semester" if you look at it that way, in less than 3 months.

Think of all of the time and money that King saved, as well as the time and money the college saved by needing lesser resources to confer a quality regionally accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting to King.

This is truly the education model of the 21st century.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Royboy1 - 02-20-2013 12:06 PM

(02-20-2013 05:34 AM)King Aires Wrote:  I will Teddy on Thursday

King,
When I went back and did the BS in Accounting it came very easy because the MBA portion of Financial and Decision Analysis were more in depth than the BS classes.
You can go though the MBA program as fast as you want just like the Bachelors programs. You will get a new mentor so you only need to convince them that you can get it done. When I went back the third time for the Accounting I requested my first BS mentor and she happily took me back. We talked twice about the program and a farewell call to set up a meet for the mixer the night before summer graduation.
John has been through the MBA program also. He will tell you that any thing is possible. Some of the work is boring because you already know the material and somethings are new and you do actually learn. I enjoed the simulations and the capstone collaboration. I did not enjoy the Leadership collaboration. You and Teddy would do very well in the MBA program.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - John Tucker - 02-20-2013 01:51 PM

Lol, yes, I remember Leadership and I actually was the team captain for both the Leadership project along with the Capstone project at the end. Strangely enough, I had a girl that was on my team in Leadership also be on my team during the Capstone lol, I don't think that has ever happened with WGU due to the unstructured individual pacing of the program.

Yes, King and Teddy will do well in the MBA program. I wish WGU offered some sort of doctorate. I really do want to complete a cost-effective and high quality doctoral around business administration or public administration but I'm not finding any program in the US that fits my requirements. The only one I found that came close was Valdosta State and they get about 125 apps a year and approve only 25, I would submit there as the school coordinator is very well aware of WGU, but I don't come at all from a public policy background. My background and performance is all in business, and the only PhDs in business that's mostly online with little residency requirements are at Baker, Northcentral, Grand Canyon and then there's Walden and Capella. I'm not interested in any of these programs. If I had to chose one of them I would chose Baker, but I just don't want to pay $50,000 for the doctorate.

Sorry didn't mean to get off the topic in here lol, King and Teddy keep rocking Smile!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-20-2013 01:55 PM

I was hoping I could request my current mentor stay on for the MBA. I thought I read on TechExams that some guys did that but maybe the business school is different.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 02-20-2013 11:31 PM

I know, I would love to be able to keep my current mentor too! She has been awesome to work with!

King are you going to do the graduation in July? My mentor asked me yesterday during our call if I was interested in attending if I completed my degree in this first term. I told her I hadn't thought it was possible until the past week or so, and hadn't given it much thought. Now I am weighing the pros and cons. I would love to go, but the cost of flights is a little prohibitive. It wouldn't be the same if my hubby and daughter don't come with, so that would be three tickets. Then we have to figure out who to take care of the horses while we are gone. I want to do graduation for my Masters, just not sure about doing it for my Bachelors.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-21-2013 08:26 AM

Most likely I would not. With having such young children and the fact that my Wife started working part-time. Coupled with the fact that my business busy season is June-October. It just isn't in the cards.

But Horses you say?! My goodness, I wouldn't even know how to handle that. Hats off to ya!
I AM A MAD MAN!!! I just scheduled my test for Project+ For Friday Morning... I should probably start reading something shouldn't I.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Royboy1 - 02-21-2013 11:51 AM

(02-21-2013 08:26 AM)King Aires Wrote:  Most likely I would not. With having such young children and the fact that my Wife started working part-time. Coupled with the fact that my business busy season is June-October. It just isn't in the cards.

But Horses you say?! My goodness, I wouldn't even know how to handle that. Hats off to ya!
I AM A MAD MAN!!! I just scheduled my test for Project+ For Friday Morning... I should probably start reading something shouldn't I.

I thought the TPV test was strange. It deals with IT and I know just enough to be dangerous. I had to take the test for the accounting program. They didn't use it when I did Business Management.Don't hold me to this but I have heard from higher sources that WGU will roll out their Masters in Accountancy supposedly in the next 60 days. Originally they were going to put it out there last year and they didn't. I was told when I started the third time around that they would have something to keep me busy in 2013. This came from 2 sources that know me well. Something to think about.
As far as business programs both my mentors have said that the MBA program uses masters mentors. I was blessed with 2 great people for mentor position.Couldn't have moved as fast if they weren't on board.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-21-2013 02:03 PM

IT I am fine with. I have taken and passed CompTIA certs before, most recently both parts of A+. I don't think CompTIA stuff is very tricky, just technical.

I hear a lot of people have a hard time with Project+

I also can't seem to get a passing score on the uCertify crap sample tests, but I also read that is common. Most of the stuff in Project+ we have already covered like PERT and NPV, IRR and Cost analysis. I just don't get why this all seems so foreign to me. I do this crap all day, Project management is 90% of my daily workload.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-22-2013 05:53 AM

Was told today that they are phasing out acceleration on MBA starts before end of a BS term.

Was also told that if my mentor could pull the strings to get me in they would not award my BS Accounting degree until June 30th instead of right away.

I will wait until July 1st to start the MBA now, and get some rest before starting.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - John Tucker - 02-22-2013 06:16 AM

King,

Looks like you will be done with the bachelor's by mid-March, leaving the rest of March, April, May and June (about 105 days) left in the term. You could easily use that time for the MBA to assure that you won't need anymore than one "official" term for the MBA.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 02-22-2013 09:52 AM

King,

Why are they going to hold your degree until June 30th?

As long as I get my degree finished on time, we will be starting the Masters together! Wouldn't it be funny if we ended up on a team project together?

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-22-2013 10:43 AM

John, I have been told that it is a near impossibility now since their policy on accelerated MBA has changed in 2013. No MBA for me for a while, July might be out of the question too because of personal reasons.

Teddy, it would be awesome if we were on a project team together. You better finish them classes so we can party at the MBA graduation in 2014 together!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - candimc - 02-22-2013 10:50 PM

What is this policy change? Are they just looking to pocket more $ by not allowing you to use the rest of your term to work on MBA? That stinks!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-23-2013 12:51 AM

It was explained to me that once a degree is conferred your term is technically over. However for their bussar's department they cannot charge you before the real end of your term. So basically, you can graduate at the end of your 6 months and take 1 extra MBA class, or you can graduate early and wait until the end of your 6 months to start the MBA.

Also most students that accelerate have issues with not returning, and technically since you did not start your degree, you don't have to complete continuing education requirements. You can always start your MBA, even if it is 6 years later, once you have your BS from WGU. There is no admission process. So students were starting, not enrolling in another term and WGU was "out the money" for providing you the acceleration.

And finally, they are probably running into accreditation issues with people able to start an MBA with non-payment and it is viewed externally as cheapening the process. Blah Blah Blah Blah

So to answer your question Candice... it is a way to get more money without raising tuition lol

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-23-2013 03:30 AM

Passed Project+ at the testing center today with an 863.

I thought the test was far far far easier than the ucertify junk they have us take.

Capstone is all that is left, and I am about 2/3 of the way done with that now.

Big Grin

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - wabrn111 - 02-23-2013 05:29 AM

You Rock!!! Congrats. Impressive to say the least, can't wait to see the completion message. I am sure that is soon to be coming!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-23-2013 01:27 PM

And because I was feeling particularly insane today. I finished and turned in my Capstone. Now I am just waiting, but I am unofficially done with my BS Accounting in 52 days.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - candimc - 02-24-2013 01:55 AM

WTG! You definitely have achieved rockstar status! Smile

I finished my 12th credit today - scored an 86% on my Western Civ final over at S/L.

Hope you stick around the forms to cheer me on when I start in April!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-24-2013 02:08 AM

For you Candice, Anything!

I am so proud of you and happy that you decided to do the straighterline courses for the boost. I am very confident you will excel with WGU's program.

I am not going anywhere until I decide what to do about my Master's. Maybe I will get lucky and WGU will have an MAcc before I am eligible.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - John Tucker - 02-24-2013 05:02 AM

King,

Yes, that has to be a record set for completing a bachelor's degree that fast lol, seriously. Have your mentor check into that, WGU might do a cover story on you to include it in their blog and newsletters, it's free publicity baby!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - candimc - 02-24-2013 05:05 AM

See, I told you! Your going to be in lights! Smile

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 02-24-2013 05:26 AM

John the current record set was 110 credits completed in 10 weeks. So I am not sure 7-8 weeks at 67 credits comes close.

I am just happy to be done, but I feel quite bored now that I don't have so much work to do. I am also very proud of myself that I never once failed an objective assessment.

Too bad I can't do the BS - IT Management now with the rest of my 4 months.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-01-2013 10:51 PM

I am starting to get a little antsy. I talked to my mentor today, she is surprised that the scoring department has not yet officially released my TPV1, she was also copied on the scores. She is also shocked that since I submitted my capstone on Friday I have not yet passed that too.

I know I have had my fair share of complaints about speed of WGU staff... but this is retarded. I just want my parchment!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - candimc - 03-01-2013 11:04 PM

Being at the mercy of someone on the other end of a computer/phone is awful. Sad

Give me something to look forward to! I was accepted yesterday - I start April 1st!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-01-2013 11:46 PM

Good news... the graders must read this site. Capstone just came back perfect 4's. Now I just have to wait for them to enter my passing Project+ score and then I will have a degree in the mail!
OMG, Candice! I am so happy for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you, I will still be trolling around these boards until I complete the MBA at the end of the year.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Dana - 03-02-2013 12:09 AM

Wow, that was quick! Congrats!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - John Tucker - 03-02-2013 01:49 AM

King,

Yes, your entire journey has been very quick lol. It's almost as if you never received any "kickbacks," and I remember those Taskstream kickbacks used to be a pain because, I would feel as though "I already included this in the deliverables" but for some reason the grader wouldn't see it. I would be recommended to underline where I already written about the topic in the project and then it would pass. Very weird, but I guess that's the consequences of the competency model lol.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Carnebor - 03-02-2013 05:00 AM

Congratulations, King!

Inspired.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - wabrn111 - 03-02-2013 08:51 AM

Awesome news, Congrats!!!!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 03-03-2013 01:25 AM

Congratulations!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-03-2013 01:40 AM

Hey Teddy, that need to complete list of yours is getting smaller and smaller! Don't you stop, get it done before June!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 03-03-2013 07:58 AM

I am getting it done! Just completed my marketing plan. Just waiting for the turnitin report to come back before I submit it. Now on to Tax. so glad to be done with the marketing except for any potential revisions. For some reason I didn't care for that class and it took me longer than it should have.

How hard was the problems in accounting? How long did it take you to complete the tasks?

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-03-2013 10:44 AM

ACA1 took me about a week and BGA1 was a little less than a week. It was very simple. I used them as a study guide for CGC and CMO since it was a pretty good mix of the two. If there is anything you get stuck on let me know.

FYI, FNC1 was a completely new test, the date of the revision for the test was just a couple days earlier than the day I took mine. I really think you should tackle that first before you get to your core accounting classes.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Royboy1 - 03-03-2013 11:05 AM

King,
I don't know if this helps but here it is anyway.
I am sure you have already done this but when I took the TPV exam I had to wait 5 days for CompTia to post the results so that I could create a transcript. I had to create my account and have them send the transcript to WGU.
I then waited for 3 days and called WGU and the nice girl said they were backed up, but she did look up my transcript and said she would post it that day. I thanked her profusely. The total time from when I passed the test to the time it was posted was about 14 days. Less when you take out for New Years holiday and weekends.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-03-2013 01:11 PM

Yeah I already had a CompTIA account because I have other IT certs from them. I sent in my transcript a week ago friday. Still waiting but the MBA enrollment person I spoke with yesterday says that my profile shows Graduated on their end.

The MBA enrollment counselor seemed a bit angry with me and asked me a million questions about finishing my degree in 8 weeks. I was asked everything from Why my mentor allowed me to go so fast to How could someone pass all their exams the first time without retakes. I was a bit offended to tell you the truth.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - MinMc - 03-03-2013 01:42 PM

Tell them because you aren't a dummy.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Teddybear - 03-04-2013 12:36 AM

Wow, that was an interesting response from your enrollment person! You would think that they would be happy that you didn't have to re-take any tests. That should be the goal.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Royboy1 - 03-04-2013 03:39 AM

Are the initials of your MBA enrollment counselor T. N.? I ask because my E.C. said she was the retuning grad E.C. that is why I had her for all 3 dregrees.
I had the same student mentor for my 2 undergrad degrees. She holds a PHD. The reason I bring this up is that she knew I was trying to accelerate and she accomodated me.
I have taken a total of 22 objective assessments for the 2 degrees and I failed 1 during my first degree by a couple of questions. Had to wait the 2 weeks for the retake so I finished 2 other classes and I don't think I am any kind of whiz kid.
Enrollment counselors are the schools gatekeepers, but you would think that they would want to encourage acceleration so as to raise graduation rates, but maybe they are more interested in increasing revenue for additonal terms.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-04-2013 05:13 AM

Actually yes that would be the initials. Yeah I have no idea why they won't let me start now, or why they have such a problem with me finishing the BS so fast. Oh well, just going to wait for the parchment to come in the mail and frame it.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - John Tucker - 03-04-2013 07:54 AM

King,

It's more than likely due to some of these posts that have sprung up across the internet with folks selling WGU related material. Even on this forum, there's been folks getting on here flat out asking to either buy someone's Taskstream reports or they were selling answers to an objective exam or template Taskstream reports. WGU has been shutting down these folks and also WGU is supposed to be updating all exams every year to keep material fresh and new.

So they were more than likely trying to make sure you didn't purchase any of these items. But you see, you said you own a business so you probably come into the program with a decade potentially of experience. When I started the business management program in 2008 I only had about 2 years of somewhat sales experience and not even a part-time nor full-time gig at that, so a lot of the business material was new to me and I had to struggle through some of it.

Whomever T.C. is should realize that a person with years of business experience shouldn't have that much of a struggle with the material, however, they more than likely were trying to verify that you didn't purchase WGU materials from one of these folks across the internet.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-04-2013 08:52 AM

Well they can check my turnitin reports and see that all my papers were in the 5-15% range. And I have no idea how someone could buy an exam especially to something like accounting which just had a major overhaul and no longer uses the ATO1 class.

I really don't care why they were asking the questions. I care more that there was a sudden change in the MBA acceleration rules and that one of the reasons I did go so fast was apparently not an option anymore.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - bhardis - 03-19-2013 08:04 AM

(02-01-2013 04:17 AM)King Aires Wrote:  BGA1 passed all evaluations. Brings the grand total to 35 CU's in 30 days.

AUO1 Exam Monday.

I'm having trouble getting my Total Overhead to match the check number in the Manufacturing Overhead Budget in Task 1 of BGA1. Can you help with this? I'm thinking it's the mortgage interest, but I'm not sure how to fix it. The course mentor can't call me until Thursday and I really don't want to wait that long to finish..

Thanks in advance

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-20-2013 11:01 AM

I don't have access to the COS anymore since my graduation. I can tell you a little about my answer though.

Remember that insurance expense and depreciation expenses are not included into your overhead calculation. Also remember there is a difference in total overhead and variable overhead.

There also is no mortgage interest until the last month... if you have mortgage interest in the first two months you did something wrong.

I hope that helps.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - MinMc - 03-20-2013 02:27 PM

What MBA program are you going to do?

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-21-2013 10:10 AM

The Regular MBA... there isn't a lot of choices. If they had a MAcc I would do that, but alas, they do not.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Beckie - 03-21-2013 10:30 AM

(03-21-2013 10:10 AM)King Aires Wrote:  The Regular MBA... there isn't a lot of choices. If they had a MAcc I would do that, but alas, they do not.

I thought rumor was that it was going to happen this year?

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-21-2013 11:45 AM

(03-21-2013 10:30 AM)Beckie Wrote:  
(03-21-2013 10:10 AM)King Aires Wrote:  The Regular MBA... there isn't a lot of choices. If they had a MAcc I would do that, but alas, they do not.

I thought rumor was that it was going to happen this year?

I was told that rumor is going around every year for the last 3 years. I doubt it is coming any time soon.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - MinMc - 03-21-2013 03:21 PM

This sounds stupid but there are 3 MBA programs. Business Administration, Healthcare Management and IT Management.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-21-2013 09:31 PM

Yeah they are all MBA's with specialization. Since I don't really want an MBA I want a Master's in Accounting and will go back to a local state school for that later, I just want the basic MBA.

If they would have approved my request to start and finish the Business -IT undergrad this term since I still have a ton of time left for 6 classes... then I would have looked at MBA-IT as well.

They seem pretty hell bent on making me wait to do anything as some kind of punishment for finishing fast.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - MinMc - 03-22-2013 01:54 AM

I was thinking that after I finish this degree perhaps going and getting my BS in Human Resource Management. I don't know how many classes that program has that I would need but just a thought.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-22-2013 08:25 AM

You can guess judging from your current course list and the one needed for the other program. Most of the Business BS require 6 or 7 classes to cross to another major.

Getting them to let you take another major right now is harder than getting a Pepsi in Atlanta.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Magnavox - 03-22-2013 12:27 PM

You mean, they wouldn't allow students to start a second BA, if they have time remaining in their current term? That's odd. Perhaps, they've changed the rules. That's what made WGU so attractive in the past. Sometimes, the students would complete one degree in the first month of a new semester and start another degree right away...

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - MindGal76 - 03-22-2013 05:17 PM

(03-22-2013 08:25 AM)King Aires Wrote:  You can guess judging from your current course list and the one needed for the other program. Most of the Business BS require 6 or 7 classes to cross to another major.

Getting them to let you take another major right now is harder than getting a Pepsi in Atlanta.

That last line made me chuckle...sorry. I'm a water drinker, but my weakness is Dr. Pepper.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Magnavox - 03-22-2013 05:49 PM

(03-22-2013 08:25 AM)King Aires Wrote:  You can guess judging from your current course list and the one needed for the other program. Most of the Business BS require 6 or 7 classes to cross to another major.

(03-22-2013 05:17 PM)MindGal76 Wrote:  

That last line made me chuckle...sorry. I'm a water drinker, but my weakness is Dr. Pepper.

Dr.Pepper is everyone's weakness... It's an aphrodisiac! :-)

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 03-22-2013 09:36 PM

Down there wouldn't it be Mr. Pib? My cousins from the South used to always call everything a Coke unless it was a Mr. Pib.

Yeah, they pretty much told me they are done letting people accelerate same term anymore. I don't know if it is staffing shortages, over enrollment of a money grab.

I guess 1 BS and 1 MBA is what I get, I don't have the money to pay for a couple weeks worth of classes for another piece of paper with the relatively same title on it.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Magnavox - 03-23-2013 08:38 AM

Yeah, in my case I will need extra 15 credits to satisfy CPA requirement (150 credits). After BA in accounting from WGU, I will only have around 133-135 credits... I hoped to squeeze in few more classes from their BA Biz Management program to complete the requirement. I don't even need another bachelor's degree... Thanks for the heads up!

CGC1 - Jennac1975 - 04-09-2013 05:42 AM

This is my first post. I failed CGC1 today. I started on 9/1/12. Finished 76CU's my first term. Actually took all of February off because I only had CGC1, CMO1, TVP1, and capstone left. Didn't want to chance not getting done and having a fail. I took CGC1 today, even after passing the 3 pre-assessments, I failed with 47. I have failed the CMO1 pre-assessment twice. I feel stuck. I am taking a look at TVP1 while waiting for hard copies of textbooks for CGC1 to come. Any advice?

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 04-09-2013 09:22 AM

Jenna, I would be more than happy to help you in any ways that I can. Why don't you PM me some more info when you get a chance.

Also, DANA!!! DANA!!! Jenna is going to need this... oh nevermind, I will try and save ya the hassle Wink

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - King Aires - 05-24-2013 08:20 AM

See you guys in my new thread in the Master's section... Application officially submitted and Financial Aid done Smile

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - candimc - 05-24-2013 09:15 AM

sweet!

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - PNero - 05-25-2013 01:19 AM

I love that comment! I live in the Atlanta area. I work at Coke. I get offended when someone offers me a P#$%i.

RE: King Aires B.S. Accounting Accountability Thread - Anti Socialite - 05-25-2013 05:25 AM

King Aries- congratulations! This is my first post but I have been lurking on this board for months. I must say that you and the other active posters (Magnavox and P Nero especially) on this thread have motivated me considerably to accelerate my Business Management program. I start my third term in June and plan on knocking out at least 12- 15 classes. Thank you for sharing your story and I will indeed be following your progress through the MBA program!