WGU Students
HAT1- Genogram- Advice needed - Printable Version

+- WGU Students (http://wgustudents.com/forum)
+-- Forum: WGU Degrees and Programs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Nursing and Heath Professions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: HAT1- Genogram- Advice needed (/showthread.php?tid=1669)

HAT1- Genogram- Advice needed - united621 - 04-18-2012 11:16 AM

Hello All,

Up until now I've done well with all of my classes. Now task 1 for HAT1 has me stumped- particularly the community genogram. I have completed several family genograms but don't understand how to translate it into a community genogram- especially for a big city like Philadelphia. I've gathered plenty of data and my primary diagnoses are hypertension and heart disease. I'm just not sure how to present all of this information Huh . ANY help or direction would be MORE than appreciated.

Thanks

RE: HAT1- Genogram- Advice needed - maryjean - 04-18-2012 12:01 PM

Be sure and contact the course mentor as she can email you a sample. Be aware that by 'community genogram' they do NOT mean anything at all like a family genogram. Mine (which passed btw) was basically a chart drawn in Paint with ovals and boxes around the various indicators of community health / wellness. For example, mine had sections for economic demographics, public health demos (smoking, obesity etc), community resources (hospitals, clinics, charitable resources) and the like. I PROMISE that you are overthinkingthis task - everyone does!

PM me if I can be of further help - I've kinda 'been there/ done that '/ got the T-shirt!!

RE: HAT1- Genogram- Advice needed - wabrn111 - 04-18-2012 02:32 PM

I second what Mary said. I used word to format my ovals and boxes so that it could be easily done within the context of the paper. The samples that you get from the course mentor will point you in the right direction. Best of luck with this class....it was my Achilles's heel but I got through.